Sticky Fingers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to make tech deck wheels improve a bunch( different way )

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Bremwood

How to make tech deck wheels improve a bunch( different way ) Empty
PostSubject: How to make tech deck wheels improve a bunch( different way )   How to make tech deck wheels improve a bunch( different way ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Alright, so what you going to need is-

100 grit sand paper,
fine grit sandpaper( idk what grit just really smoof Very Happy )
techdeck wheels
a board( with the tech deck wheels on it )

Okay, so what's goin down is take your tech deck ( fb ), take the 100grit sandpaper, lay the sandpaper down on the surface of a desk, bench,etc, and violently Cool rub the wheels on the sandpaper very fast, while pressing down decently hard. If your doing this with black wheels there will be a light black/ grayish tint to the bottom.( make sure to roll the wheels on the sandpaper to sand all parts of the wheel! That is a very important thing you do because if not it will be an uneven wheel/wheels.) Okay, next after you do this long enough that it takes a couple small layer off the bottoms of wheels (enough to remove the mold marks) take your really fine sand paper or like a nail buffer thing( i use fine grit sandpaper and it works fine but i've heard my friend say the nail buffer worked to) and repeat the proccess, ride your fb really fast while pushing down hard on the board, therefore removing the rough layer of plastic that you made while using 100 grit sandpaper.

This is a really fast way to skip out on paying 30-53 dollars on bearing wheels. I've done several setups this way and its saved me a alot, its very easy to use and the expense of like $5( hgs,fgs,techdeck). If you have any questions pm me or respond below. Also here are some tips on doing this and how to make wheels better:

When you sand do it on a solid surface

You can buy summit bushings and washers and use the washer for cores

don't be afraid to sand down to much because the more you sand down the better.

Thanks for viewing, if you have any questions ask meh lol!
--Bremwood
Back to top Go down

How to make tech deck wheels improve a bunch( different way )
Page 1 of 1